FINAL DRAFT OF STORY AND DIGITAL STORYTELLING DUE WED 12/4.
JUST A REMINDER, THIS IS A 200 POINT ASSIGNMENT.
Edgar Allan Poe or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Flash Fiction (200 points)
For this creative writing assignment, you are asked to channel your inner Edgar Allan Poe or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Following Poe’s or Doyle’s lead, you will write a “flash fiction” piece (a very short story) or poetry of your own in the horror or mystery genre. You have creative freedom for this assignment, but here are some ideas, as well as the requirements you will need to follow.
- Write a horror, suspense, or mystery story that is completely your own.
- Write a modern-day version of one of the stories we’ve read.
- Turn one of the short stories we’ve read into a poem or turn “The Raven” into a short story.
- Write a backstory for one of the characters we’ve read about.
- Use vocabulary words! You may use words from either ABC or Poe, but use at least THREE vocabulary words in your story or poetry.
- Whether you write poetry or a short story, you may write no fewer than 500 words and absolutely no more than 1000 words. You will include a word count with your final draft!
- Create a digital version of your story using a digital storytelling site or app such as Book Creator, TouchApp Creator, TouchCast, Explain Everything, Google Sites, VoiceThread, StoryKit, Scribble Press, Puppet Pals, StoryJumper, or Toontastic. We will link our stories on the class blog.
- Please, no gratuitous violence and absolutely no violence against classmates or other members of the USM community.
Focus on VOICE and WORD CHOICE in your writing.
IDEAS FOR DIGITAL STORYTELLING:
RUBRIC: Flash Fiction Rubric PDF