Now that you have decided whose skin you’re going to walk around in for your monologue project, please complete the character sketch below.
Use GoogleDocs. Label it: your section, Character Sketch of character name, by Your Name
example: 8-1 Character Sketch of Mayella Ewell by Lily Robinson
Submit your assignment in your NEW English folder (the same one in which you submitted your Tom Robinson/Tim Johnson paper).
You may write in bullet points. You do not need to write in complete sentences.
1. Who is your character?
2. What do you know about your character (from the novel)? If it is a major character about whom you know a lot, then summarize the key points. Think age, gender, race, class, occupation—the basic facts.
3. With whom in the book does your character have a relationship? What is the relationship? If you have a major character who has relationships with the majority of the characters in the book, then list only the important relationships.
4. How do others (particularly Scout) feel about your character?
5. What are at least three traits very specific to your character? Why do you think your character has developed these very particular traits?
6. What is one of your character’s prejudices, meaning what is a bias your character holds against others? Explain that character’s prejudice.
7. Are there any prejudices or biases your character faces, meaning are they the victim of prejudice or bias? Explain the prejudices your character faces.
8. What is your character’s greatest strength and greatest weakness? Explain.
This activity adapted from one at http://mrfidlerswebsite.net.