1. Scenario — Set up the context for the monologue. Do all your introducing here.
2. Setting — When the curtain goes up, what will the audience see? Remember, setting is not just location but also atmosphere and mood.
3. An interesting, attention-grabbing first line.
4. A memorable, thought-provoking final line.
5. A range of emotion.
6. Realistic body language and movements.
7. Voice and Word Choice. Every line, ask yourselves, is this what my character would say? Would my character use this word? Would my character express him/herself in this way?